- New and Developing
NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules
The NCAA agreed on Tuesday to help athletes with head injuries in a proposed settlement of a class-action lawsuit that college sports’ governing body touted as a major step forward but that critics say doesn’t go nearly far enough.Continued ...
- Okla. corrections audit recommends more oversight
- Report has Sooners opening 2016 at Houston
- NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules
Police identify woman found dead Monday
Norman police have identified a woman found dead in her home at 2202 Donna Drive Monday afternoon. Police responded at 1:25 p.m. to the residence of Cassandra Thompson, 30, after receiving a report that she had not shown up for work ...Continued ...
- Residents speak out about document regarding shelter photos
- Mixon’s attorney says athlete acted in self-defense
- Cool snap brings heat relief to Oklahoma, Arkansas
- Be ready for ‘prolonged’ Gaza war, prime minister says
- FBI defends search for Oklahoma City bombing video
- Police identify woman found dead Monday
Big 12 could fill NCAA’s vacuum; make the discipline calls, too
It doesn’t look good for Joe Mixon. Though his attorney, Kevin Finlay, said the most ballyhooed prospect of the Sooners’ most recent recruiting class “instinctually defended himself against further harm,” it just doesn’t ...Continued ...
- Tang making a splash on state level
- Bradford facing another year of scrutiny in newest season
- Judge rules against owner Donald Sterling, but lengthy saga far from over
- T-Wolves land guard Mo Williams
- LSU freshmen face misdemeanors
- Fitzgerald says players’ push for union brought Northwestern together
- Big 12 could fill NCAA’s vacuum; make the discipline calls, too
Improving children’s lives
Social service organizations that have long-term debt for their headquarters and operating needs often spend much of their fundraising efforts meeting those obligations....Continued ...
- Nutritional article should be accurate
- Hospital story headline was too sensationalized
- Congress should close gaps
- Border obsession overlooks trade
- Improving children’s lives
Senior organizations that appeal to conservatives
Dear Savvy Senior, Can you recommend any advocacy organizations for seniors other than AARP? I cut up my AARP card a few years back when they supported Obamacare and am now looking for another organization that better represents me....Continued ...
- Seniors adjust to different sleep patterns
- Ceremony marks opening of community center
- Chickasaw Cultural Center a terrific place to visit
- Prisoner re-entry planning for offenders with mental illness
- Senior organizations that appeal to conservatives
- Must Read
Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive
The Spanx empire of stomach-flattening, thigh-slimming, jiggle-reducing foundation garments has expanded to include what the brand promises is the mother of all body-shaping miracles: Spanx jeans.Continued ...
- Medical marijuana opponents' most powerful argument is at odds with a mountain of research
- Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock
- Can black women have it all?
- Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive