- New and Developing
Grass fire reported in Noble
Noble firefighters responded to a grass fire on Etowah Road around 6 p.m., requesting mutal aid from Slaughterville Fire Department.
The fire was reported as being at 608 Etowah Road.Continued ...
- Grass fire reported near Moore
- Grass fire reported in Noble
Purcell-Lexington bridge opening pushed to at least mid-June
OKLAHOMA CITY — Drivers hoping the State Highway 77/39 bridge over the Canadian River between Lexington and Purcell will be open at the end of this month will have to wait until at least mid-June because additional cracks have been found, ...Continued ...
- Police searching for two male suspects
- Candidates for council wards turn out for forum
- Art historian’s lecture visualizes Civil War
- Blanchard plans St. Patrick’s Day parade
- Russia preparing counterproposals over Ukraine
- Purcell-Lexington bridge opening pushed to at least mid-June
Sooners must sweat out their selection
On this coming Monday evening, Oklahoma’s women’s basketball team will gather at coach Sherri Coale’s home to learn of its latest NCAA tournament destination. Or not. That’s where the Sooners are this season....Continued ...
- It’s a special night on the pitch
- Kruger named Big 12 Coach of the Year
- New youth concussion guidelines released
- OU’s Mac James named baseball’s conference player of the week
- Redskins, Cowboys released from salary cap jail
- Davis, Sims lead Baylor to Big 12 women’s title
- Sooners must sweat out their selection
The diplomacy pendulum
When Barack Obama won the presidency in 2008, one of his selling points was the promise of a more modest foreign policy than that of his predecessor. And when Obama won re-election 16 months ago, he renewed that pledge. Drone strikes ...Continued ...
- Volunteers perturbed
- Norman came through
- Comparing two leaders
- Director tackles prison overcrowding
- The diplomacy pendulum
Automobile aids help elderly drivers with their needs
Dear Savvy Senior, Can you recommend any products that can help older drivers with their vehicles? My 84-year-old mother is still a pretty good driver, but she has arthritis, which limits her range of motion and hinders her driving. — ...Continued ...
- Jane Bowen in third year as MNTC’s first female superintendent
- A weighted issue at the gym
- ESA members meet in Norman
- Class of 1964 prepares for reunion
- Automobile aids help elderly drivers with their needs
- Must Read
If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
A scientist and a seafood chef walk into a bar. "We have a mutual interest," says the scientist. "I study crustaceans and you cook them." But the chef wanted to know just one thing: Do the animals feel pain?Continued ...
- How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
- First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
- VIDEO: First month of Colorado pot legalization brought in $2M in tax revenue
- If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?