The Associated Press
TULSA (AP) — Authorities say a natural gas leak that led to the evacuation of a south Tulsa neighborhood has been contained.
No injuries were reported after the gas break happened shortly after 5 a.m. Monday near 89th Street and Memorial Avenue.
Emergency workers went door-to-door to evacuate nearby residents. Authorities say the gas leak was contained and residents were able to return to their homes around 7 a.m. Monday.
Tulsa police say a backhoe working near a storage facility may have caused the rupture.
For local news and more, subscribe to The Norman Transcript Smart Edition, or our print edition.