The Norman Transcript
• The Oklahoma Red Cross can accept donations by texting 90999, which will make a $10 donation. Red Cross officials said they will use the money to purchase supplies to assist storm victims and first responders.
• Journey Church, near Tecumseh Road and I-35, is accepting donations of personal items, clothing and items for the shelter which opened there Monday night.
• The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma is asking for monetary donations to help relief efforts. Text 32333 to make a $10 donation or go to regionalfoodbank.org.
• Oklahoma Baptist relief teams are assisting with relief and recovery efforts. Donations can be made by visiting bgco.org/donate or by calling 042-3800.
• Goodrich Memorial United Methodist Church, 200 W. Hayes, is collecting bottled water, baby diapers, baby formulas, baby and junior foods, trash bags, cleaning supplies such as buckets, cleaning solution, rags, brooms and mops, juices, snack foods and other foods not requiring cooking, clothing, paper products and toiletries.
• Tulsa Community Foundation, the nation’s largest community foundation, has established the Moore & Shawnee Tornado Relief Fund for those who are interested in supporting our friends in the areas devastated by the tornadoes of the past two days. Funds raised will be focused on the mid- and long-term community redevelopment efforts to rebuild lives and homes in the devastated areas. This fund already has a head start toward success with a lead gift of $100,000 from the George Kaiser Family Foundation.
Contributions to the Moore & Shawnee Tornado Relief Fund can be made securely online at TulsaCF.org. On the homepage, click the main banner to donate now. Donations can also be mailed to TCF offices at 7030 S. Yale, Suite 600, Tulsa, OK, 74136. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
• Mission Norman, 2525 E. Lindsey St., will be a drop-off facility for any donations. The non-profit will deliver items to areas of need.
• Banfield Pet Hospital will offer free physical examinations for pets affected by the tornado. There are offices at 1921 S. Broadway in Edmond, 7177 SE 29th St. in Midwest City, 660 Ed Noble Parkway in Norman, and 1417 W. I-240 Service Road in South Oklahoma City.
For more information or more locations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.