Come take my class and learn how to be safe on the Internet. Learn how to fight the Internet bad guys and win; you’ll be glad you did.
In the meantime, enjoy taking my computer security quiz, found below;
I once gave this quiz to a large number of employees at one of our state government’s largest agencies. I was floored at how many employees gave the wrong answer to every single quiz statement.
I was equally shocked at the huge number that gave wrong answers to 50 percent of the statements. These are people who use computers every day and are charged with protecting and making the best use of our state tax dollars. Yikes!
Dave Moore’s Computer Security Quiz. Answer true or false to each statement.
1. I don’t worry too much about computer security because I have nothing to hide, and there’s nothing important on my computer.
2. I don’t worry too much about computer security because I have an antivirus program.
3. I open email attachments without knowing what they really are.
4. I like to download and install songs, videos, games and screensavers from the Internet, and I never check beforehand to see if they are safe.
5. I like clicking on things to see if I’ve won a prize, such as a free laptop or iPod.
6. I like instant messaging and think that it’s fun when strangers send me website links, screensavers, backgrounds or free games.
7. I know that there’s nothing important on my computer because I delete files and then empty the recycle bin.
8. I don’t have my email password memorized.
9. I have my email password memorized because I made it a word that’s easy for me to remember.
10. I practice safe Internet surfing by emptying my browser cache after visiting gambling and porno websites.