Recommendations for the future by RKG are:
· Support and encourage higher-end housing.
· Monitor high renter-occupied neighborhoods.
· Support and encourage higher-density housing options for young professionals and empty nesters.
· Preplan for the arrival of commuter transit.
· Identify underutilized retail center for redevelopment potential.
“There’s no condo market here,” Yewell said. “I think certainly apartments will continue to be in demand.”
He said it’s important to start planning now for sites next to transit.
“Think about doing a master plan and what kind of density you want there,” he said.
This is an opportunity for Moore to define the downtown area and give it an identity through “transit-oriented development,” Yewell said.
Breaking news, severe weather alerts, AMBER alerts, sports scores from The Norman Transcript are available as text messages right to your phone or mobile device. You decide which type of alerts you want to receive. Find out more or to signup, click here.