The Norman Transcript

January 8, 2013

Garage fire under investigation

By Jessica Bruha
The Norman Transcript

NORMAN — Blaze started in laundry room

Norman firefighters responded to a residential fire call Monday evening at 203 E. Dale St. No injuries were reported.

Norman Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said the fire occurred in a laundry room in an attached garage at the residence. The fire was contained to the laundry room and garage area.

Bailey said the preliminary damage estimation was $15,000, which included the structure and its contents. Sixteen firefighters responded to the call.

The Fire Marshall’s Office is investigating the incident.


For local news and more, subscribe to The Norman Transcript Smart Edition, or our print edition.