NORMAN — Sheriff Joe Lester recognized employees and citizens for their work and contributions at the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office’s Christmas party Dec. 13 at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds.
Lester honored deputies, civilian employees, a detention officer and a citizen during the evening’s festivities. The sheriff thanked his employees for dedicating their time and service to helping keep Cleveland County a safe place to live for its citizens.
“These employees risk their lives every day to make sure each person stays safe from harm,” Lester said. “I’m very grateful to have such a great group of men and women working in this department.”
The following people received awards:
· Deputy of the Year: Jonathon Jackson
· Operations Civilian of the Year: Cathy Suttle
· Detention Officer of the Year: Cesar Alamillo
· Detention Center Employee of the Year: Tina Fowble
· Civilian of the Year: Patty Cox
· Reserve Deputy of the Year: Butch Turner
· Volunteer of the Year: Fred Seals
· Citizen of the Year: Ron Blissit