Two acres scorched in Norman
Norman firefighters responded to a grass fire at 3:30 p.m. to 48th Avenue Northwest and Franklin Road on Wednesday caused by an overheated rear axle on a fertilizing truck.
Crews found the fire in a field north of the intersection. It took about an hour to extinguish approximately two acres of fire that extended into a corn field. No injuries were reported.
Four fire stations from Norman responded, as well as Norman Police Department, EMSStat paramedics and mutual aid from the Moore Fire Department.
— Transcript Staff
Breaking news, severe weather alerts, AMBER alerts, sports scores from The Norman Transcript are available as text messages right to your phone or mobile device. You decide which type of alerts you want to receive. Find out more or to signup, click here.