Questioning will continue today with Charles Douglas, the lead defense attorney representing Blackwood.
Background information: The drive-by shooting allegedly occurred early Easter Sunday morning in 2012.
Blackwood allegedly threatened to kill Norton’s son several times prior to the shooting, according to an affidavit filed with the charges.
A woman told law enforcement she was with Blackwood and Lansdale during the drive-by shooting and could feel spent casings hitting her back when shots were fired, the affidavit said.
The witness also reported that the three later drove to Purcell Lake to clean out the car and get rid of the spent casings and other evidence, records show. Investigators later recovered some of that evidence from the lake, the affidavit said.
Lansdale is scheduled to stand trial next week, according to court records. When Lansdale was interviewed by investigators, he admitted to the drive-by shooting, and his story matched the female witness’ account of the incident, records show.
Both Blackwood and Lansdale also had enhancement pages filed with their first-degree murder charge. Lansdale had previously been convicted of or pled guilty to violent offenses including two assault and battery charges.
None of the charges Blackwood was previously convicted of or pled guilty to were violent.