The Norman Transcript
NORMAN — Moore Norman Technology Center’s annual Foundation Golf Tournament begins with shotgun starts at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sept. 23 at the Belmar Golf Club in Norman.
Additionally, the event has also been renamed the Frank S. Coulter Memorial Golf Tournament. Coulter served as the superintendent of MNTC from 1979-2003.
This is the eighth year of the fundraising effort for MNTC. The event has generated more than $100,000, which is used to help MNTC students with needs that would otherwise keep them from completing their career programs.
Scholarship applications are assessed by a committee consisting of two administrators and a representative for the foundation.
Scholarships granted are used for necessary items like certification exams, tuition, books and supplies. Scholarships also may be used for personal student issues such as housing, utility services, vehicle repair and gasoline.
“With the current economic uncertainty, more people will look to MNTC for job retraining and skill upgrades, and we anticipate the need to assist more students,” said Debi Waldroop, MNTC Foundation coordinator and assistant to the superintendent.
This year’s corporate and independent team sponsors represent Norman, Moore and south Oklahoma City. Four team sponsorship levels range from $1,000 to $3,000, and hole sponsorships start at $600.
The following sponsors are listed by category:
· Platinum Level: Arvest Bank
· Gold Level: The Stacy Group
· Silver Level: JHBR Architects Inc., Johnson Controls Inc., Sodexo
· Bronze Level: Agar-Ford-Jarmon & Muldrow/Insurica, Apollo Building Systems Inc., Bio-Cide International, Morris Family LLC
· Hole Sponsors: Amsan Even, Clearwater Enterprises Inc., Compass Manufacturing, Cox Business, Eide Bailly LLP, Evans Enterprises Inc., First American Bank, First Fidelity Bank, Glen Cosper; G4S Secure Solutions, USA; Havenbrook Funeral Home, Heiple Law Offices Inc., Ideal Homes, Krueger International Inc., OG&E, Oklahoma Electric Cooperative, Republic Bank & Trust Co., Resthaven Funeral Home; Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold Attorneys at Law; Select Energy Services, Sports Talk Radio 1400, Standley Systems and The Chickasaw Nation.
To learn how to donate to the foundation or participate in the memorial golf tournament, call Waldroop at 364-5763, ext. 8200.
For information about Moore Norman Technology Center’s full- or part-time classes, visit mntechnology.com or call 364-5763.