The Red Cross fire relief center at Slaughterville Baptist Church, 10101 60th St., is now closed, according to a news release from Ken Garcia, regional director of communications for the American Red Cross, Central and Western Oklahoma Region.
During the past week's fires, the agency logged:
- More than 250 overnight stays at the shelters;
- More than 32,000 meals, snacks and bottles of water served to date;
- Bulk distribution of rakes, shovels, sifter boxes and dust masks, as needed.
- More than 300 comfort kits and other bulk items have been distributed to date.
Currently, one shelter remains open at Mannford and the shelter in Cushing is now closed and remains on standby.
Three Resource Centers are open with partner agencies:
Noble - Cleveland County
12 Corners Baptist Church
15601 East Etowah Road,
today and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Glencoe - Payne County
United Methodist Church
113 South Perry Avenue, Glencoe, OK
Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. today
Mannford Creek County
First United Methodist Church
100 E. Greenwood Ave.
Mannford, OK - noon to 7 p.m. today
noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Luther Resource Center is now closed and in OUTREACH mode in Oklahoma County.
- Disaster Assessment continues in areas that our teams are able to enter safely.
- Financial donations to Red Cross: (How people can help!!) www.redcross.org click make a donation. Text REDCROSS to 90999 for $10 donation, Call 1-800-REDCROSS
- Financial donations allow us to quickly and efficiently meet the needs of people in a disaster because we can purchase the items specifically needed.