The Norman Transcript
NORMAN — Cleveland County commissioners recognized 30 county employees for their workplace safety.
An employee is eligible at five years of service without a workplace injury that did not result in loss in time. The safety awards are awarded and funded through the Oklahoma County Commissioners Association’s Self Insurance Group/Self Insurance Fund.
Cleveland County was one of the highest in recipients among other participating counties.
“These awards mean real dollar savings to the county. Workers’ Compensation Insurance is a great cost to public and private business alike. I am proud of Cleveland County employees for being conscious of their safety and for fellow employees,” Commissioner Rod Cleveland said. Cleveland is a board member of the Oklahoma County Commissioner Association Self Insurance Group/Self Insurance Fund.
Employees are split into two categories: office/clerical and law enforcement/road crews.
Employees with five, 10, 15 and 20 years of service receive a $20 gift card. Employees with 20 years or greater receive a Safety First jacket.
The following is a list of safety award recipients:
· Five years: Fredrick Barnell, Kevin Brandon, Mark Bugher, Richey Fink, Anthony Henthorn, Joseph Inman, Jonathan Leach, Terry McCracken, Earnest McGee, Brandon Miller, William Thomas, Richard Young
· 10 years: Patty Cox, Lori Kelleher, Teri Morrow, Denise Mullins, Michelle Newberg, Tomi Walden
· 15 years: Robin Clifford, Jennifer Frank, Donna Morgan
· 20 years: Denise Ellison, Marianne Kennedy
· 25 years: Jannis Allen, Alma Berger, Cheryl Pack, Billijo Ragland, Sam Woodfork
· 30 years: Gary Jester, Melanie Wilke