The Norman Transcript
NORMAN — For Norman residents who received minor storm damage Friday, the city recommends using regularly scheduled yard waste collection services.
The guidelines for yard waste collection service are as follows:
· Place yard waste out for service no later than 7:30 a.m.
· Yard waste and yard waste containers may be placed at the curbside no earlier than noon the day prior to collection and must be removed from the curbside no later than noon the day following collection.
· Tree limbs need to be no more than four feet in length and no more than two inches in diameter and bundled with twine or string.
· Yard waste should be placed no more than seven feet from the curbside.
· Rural customers should contact the sanitation office if you need a pickup.
· Yard waste is not to be placed in the polycart. Use either trash bags or regular cans, as long as they do not exceed 35 gallons.
Generally, your yard waste collection day is the day following your household waste collection day. Individuals can call sanitation at 329-1023 for more information.
Individuals who would prefer to bring debris to the compost facility, materials accepted include leaves, grass clippings and limbs (no longer than four-foot lengths and two inches in diameter).
All contaminated loads (paper, rocks, bricks and trash) will be rejected. Only Norman residents can dispose of yard waste. For more information, call 329-1023.