A request for postponement for a zoning change from agricultural to single-family residential on the south side of East Lindsey Street, about one-half a mile east of 24th Avenue Southeast, was granted.
Mayor Cindy Rosenthal also declared June 1 as Sam Noble Museum National Medal Day.
The council approved the following mayor’s appointments:
· Children’s Rights Coordinating Commission — Jon Williford, Jolene Ring
· Development Oversight Committee for TIF District No. 2 — Michael Murphy, Fred Walden
· Library Board — Carla Kimberling, Aleisha Karjala; Tim Mauldin, Post Office Box
· Public Safety Oversight Committee — Matthew Leal, Joan Goth, Lea Greenleaf
· Reapportionment Commission — Isaac O’bannon, Jonathan Leavey, Lea Greenleaf, Karl Jahnke
· Tree Board — Fern Garofalo, Jerad Wingfield, Duane Winegardner
Breaking news, severe weather alerts, AMBER alerts, sports scores from The Norman Transcript are available as text messages right to your phone or mobile device. You decide which type of alerts you want to receive. Find out more or to signup, click here.