NORMAN — Golf clinics and sports camps are coming this summer.
Westwood Park Golf Course in Norman will offer a free junior golf clinic from 9-10 a.m. June 4 and June 5. The two lessons will be taught by Teaching Professionals David Lisle, PGA, Bobby Florer, assistant pro., Rick Parish, PGA, and Dennis Etter, Norman North Golf Coach. The clinic will be available for ages 6 to 17, no registration is required.
The first class will cover the fundamentals of the short game and the second class will teach the mechanics of the full swing.
The 2013 Junior Golf Academy will be taught by teaching professionals Lisle, Florer, Parish, Taylor Anthony, teaching pro, and Etter
The academy is available for the ages of 8 to 17, from 9-11 a.m. on June 18, 19, and 25, July 2, 16, 23 and 24.
The Academy will consist of four lessons, from course rules and etiquette to putting, chipping, irons and woods. There will be two play days and concluding with a tournament, pizza party and prizes. The cost is $90. Call the Westwood Pro Shop at 292-9700 for additional information.
The 2013 baseball and softball camps will be held at the Whittier Recreation Center.
The baseball camp will be from 9 a.m.-noon June 3-6 and is for boys and girls ages 7-12.
The softball camp will be from 1-4 p.m. June 3-6 and also is for boys and girls ages 7-12.
Cost for the camps is $79 each. The deadline to sign up for the camps is Friday.
For more information, visit www.youthsportsofnorman.com or email email@example.com.
Other sports camps include:
· Jay Norvell Football Camp with University of Oklahoma Football co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell; 9 a.m.-noon, June 10-13; Ages 7-14; Cost $79
· John McCullough Basketball Camp with Johh McCullough, University of Oklahoma Basketball Legend, former NBA Player and NBA scout; 9 a.m.-noon June 17-20; Ages 8-14; Cost $79
· Basketball Shooting Camp with McCullough; 1-4 p.m. June 19 and 20; Ages 8-14; Cost $55
· Volleyball Camp with Nikki Dieball Oklahoma City University Head Volleyball Coach; 9 a.m.-noon; June 24-27; Ages 7-14; Cost $79
· Speed and Agility Camp (Session I) with Norman Youth Performance; 10 a.m. - noon July 1-3; Ages 7-14; Cost $79
· Junior Jammer Basketball Camp; 9 a.m.-noon; July 8-11; Ages 5-8; Cost $79
· Strength and Power Camp with Norman Youth Performance; 10 a.m. - noon July 15-17; Ages 7-14; Cost $79
· Cheer and Tumbling Camp with Shawn Yohn, NCA National Championship coach; 9 a.m.-noon July 24-26, showcase, noon July 26; Ages 5-12; Cost $79
· Speed and Agility Camp (Session II) with Norman Youth Performance; 10 a.m.-noon July 29-31; Ages 7-14; Cost $79.