· Never use your oven for heating.
· Install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters or central heating equipment, according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions.
· Have a qualified professional install the equipment.
· Make sure all fuel-burning vented equipment is vented to the outside to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. CO is created when fuels burn incompletely. CO poisoning can cause illness and even death. Make sure the venting for exhaust is kept clear and unobstructed. This includes removal of snow and ice around the outlet to the outside.
· Install and maintain carbon monoxide alarms to avoid risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
· Maintain heating equipment and chimneys by having them cleaned and inspected annually by a qualified professional.