In other business, a bid was awarded for south parking lot improvements to A-Tech Paving for $587,250. Also bidding were Shell Construction Company Inc., $710,000; Zenith Construction, $687,261; Downey Construction LLC, $596,500; Silver Star Construction, $643,160; and Rudy Construction Co., $614,900.
State DOC funds received: Commissioners approved appropriations, including $143,253 for the Sheriff Revolving fund to pay for housing prisoners. Of those monies, the state DOC paid $59,346 on Dec. 21, $54,972 on Jan. 4 and $270 on Jan. 14.
Also paying for housing of prisoners were local communities, including Noble at $270, Norman with $22,455, Moore with $5,805 and Lexington with $135.
Burnett reported that 410 prisoners were in F. DeWayne Beggs Detention Center as of Monday. Of those, 95 are Department of Corrections prisoners, with 77 already having received judgment and sentencing.
In other county business, commissioners:
· Accepted the Violence Against Women Grant Award for $32,471 for the Domestic Violence Court in Cleveland County.
· Awarded bids for Hot Mix/Hot Laid Asphalt to Haskell Lemon Construction Co. and to T.J. Campbell Construction Co.
· Awarded a bid for two tractors for District 3 to Wanette Tractor & Supply for $39,633 each with the optional equipment at $13,700
Commissioners also approved the following Blanket Purchase Orders:
· District No. 2 Warehouse: Petroleum Marketers Equipment Co., $750; A Weldors Supply Inc., $700; Anything Goes Inc., $1,000; Bruckner’s Truck Sales Inc., $2,500; Bruckner’s Truck Sales, $1,500; C.L. Boyd Company Inc., $1,200; Danny Jester dba D & S Distributing, $500; Palace Auto Supply Inc., $3,000; Perfection Equipment Company Inc., $1,000; Mid-Continent Truck Sales Inc., $1,500
· District No. 3 Warehouse:Bruckner’s Truck Sales Inc., $2,500; Warren Cat, $2,500; Southwest Trailers & Equipment, $500; Interstate Batteries, $1,000
· County Sheriff’s Office: O’Reilly Automotive, $800; Elizabeth P. Jones, $6,930