NORMAN — Editor, The Transcript:
Election time is just ahead. Runoffs are June 24 in Oklahoma.
TV political ads are popping up. As a Democrat, I would like to offer some advice to Republican candidates.
1. Obama is the president. He was elected for two terms. Get over it.
2. Don’t brag about voting 40 times to defeat the Affordable Care Act, or as you call it, Obamacare. It’s the law. If your 40 no votes really meant something, you would actually be saying no to Oklahomans who possibly voted for you and needed the affordable health care insurance. Verbalize your ideas to improve it, not disprove it.
3. Now to Benghazi. What a ridiculous waste of time. Four good men lost their lives, and you turn this tragedy into a sideshow to raise money for your party. Have you thought that holding eight investigations might mean you were incompetent to do it right the first time?
4. Lack of Medicaid funds can cause small rural hospitals to close. With each closing, people will die because local medical assistance will not be available in emergency situations. Medicaid Expansion funds are available, but it seems partisan politics got in the way, so our state won’t accept the funds. State officials refuse to take back the monies paid by Oklahomans. Our funds will now pay for Medicaid Expansion in other states. Are the officials afraid Obama might get credit for helping Oklahomans survive? (See No. 1.)
5. TV ads are expensive. Use the time wisely. Tell us what you plan to do in Washington, D.C., to help Oklahoma if you were to be elected. Spending time tearing down Obama tells us you don’t have a clue about governing or have any positive ideas to help this state.
Breaking news, severe weather alerts, AMBER alerts, sports scores from The Norman Transcript are available as text messages right to your phone or mobile device. You decide which type of alerts you want to receive. Find out more or to signup, click here.