The Norman Transcript

January 8, 2013

Garage fire under investigation

By Jessica Bruha
The Norman Transcript

NORMAN — Blaze started in laundry room

Norman firefighters responded to a residential fire call Monday evening at 203 E. Dale St. No injuries were reported.

Norman Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said the fire occurred in a laundry room in an attached garage at the residence. The fire was contained to the laundry room and garage area.

Bailey said the preliminary damage estimation was $15,000, which included the structure and its contents. Sixteen firefighters responded to the call.

The Fire Marshall’s Office is investigating the incident.

Jessica Bruha366-3540jbruha@normantranscript.com

For local news and more, subscribe to The Norman Transcript Smart Edition, or our print edition.