NORMAN — The seventh annual Norman Music Festival will host the Oklahoma Film & Music Office’s Panel Discussion, “Oklahoma Music in Film and TV,” at 6 p.m. today at the Space Building, 200 W. Main St.
Panelists will discuss the synchronization of Oklahoma music used in films, such as “August: Osage County” and “Rudderless,” as well as local commercials. A reception will follow featuring a live DJ set by Flo Res.
Confirmed panelists include:
· Trey Rick, entertainment attorney and head of the Music Business Department at ACM & UCO
· Jill Simpson, director of the Oklahoma Film & Music Office
· Casey Twenter, writer/producer of “Rudderless”
· Brian Winkeler, Robot House Creative
· Greg Johnson, Blue Door OKC and manager of John Fullbright
· Travis Linville, featured in “Rudderless”
· Chelsey Cope, featured in “Rudderless”
· Jonathan Fowler, Fowler VW
In addition to panel events, the Oklahoma Film & Music Office will host its annual V.I.P. Music Mixer from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Astronomics, 110 E. Main St. Guests can connect with other artists and meet representatives from the Oklahoma music industry.
Free food and drinks will be provided, along with live music by sister duo Willow Way.
Located in the historic arts district of downtown Norman, the Norman Music Festival is a free, independent music festival.
The annual three-day festival highlights artists from a variety of musical genres. This year’s festival will feature Caleb McGee, Horse Thief, La Femme, ADDverse Effects, Dead Meadow and Bright Light Social Hour.
For more information and a complete band schedule, visit normanmusicfestival.
Breaking news, severe weather alerts, AMBER alerts, sports scores from The Norman Transcript are available as text messages right to your phone or mobile device. You decide which type of alerts you want to receive. Find out more or to signup, click here.