NORMAN — Jay Watson, Moore Norman Technology Center’s business and industry professional director, discussed the recent praises MNTC received from Mayor Mick Cornett at the last Oklahoma City Council meeting at a regular Moore Norman Technology Center board meeting Thursday night.
The citation award acknowledged MNTC’s efforts to partner with Oklahoma City after the May tornadoes during storm recovery.
“We (MNTC) housed individuals from the OKC permit office, so that people in the Moore area had easy access to apply for demolition permits,” Watson said.
Additionally during the board meeting, the MNTC board passed several agenda items, including the following approvals:
· Stephen H. McDonald & Associates Inc. as financial advisor to assist the district in obtaining lease-purchase financing of equipment.
· A roof replacement contract with Standard Roofing Co. Inc. for $354,050
· A roof repair on the Franklin Road campus that was damaged due to hail during various recent storms
· Cox Commercial Services agreement
· District goals for Fiscal Year 2014, which MNTC Superintendent Jane Bowen said involve building relationships, economic development and innovative IT.
Breaking news, severe weather alerts, AMBER alerts, sports scores from The Norman Transcript are available as text messages right to your phone or mobile device. You decide which type of alerts you want to receive. Find out more or to signup, click here.