By Jessica Bruha
The Norman Transcript
NORMAN — A house fire caused $70,000 worth of damages to a Norman home Saturday night. No injuries were reported.
The call came in just before 10 p.m. at the 2000 block of Summit Circle. Only two occupants, a married couple, were in the house and escaped without any injuries, Norman Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said. The couple was alerted when smoke alarms went off he said.
The fire originated in or near the second-story closet of the three-story home and burned into the attic area. The home is approximately 4,000 square feet.
Three stations responded to the fire and were able to bring it under control within 45 minutes, Bailey said.
For local news and more, subscribe to The Norman Transcript Smart Edition, or our print edition.