NORMAN — The three-day filing period for board of education members will open at 8 a.m. Monday, Jim Williams, Cleveland County Election Board Secretary, said Friday in a news release.
Filing will be conducted at the Cleveland County Election Board Office, 641 E. Robinson, Suite 200, in Norman.
The annual school election will be Feb. 12.
The election board secretary will accept ceclarations of candidacy from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Those who intend to file for any school board opening will be required to complete a declaration of candidacy form which is available for download on the Cleveland County Election Board website, www.clevelandcountyelectionboard.com.
Forms also are available at the Election Board office, 641 E. Robinson, Suite 200 in Norman.
Williams noted that this form must be notarized and that the election board cannot notarize candidate filing papers.
Also, when completing the declaration of candidacy form, all candidates should list their political affiliation as nonpartisan, Williams said.
There is no filing fee for school board candidates.
The following School Board offices are up for election:
· Lexington School District No. I-57: Office No. 3, 5-year term
· Little Axe School District No. I-70: Office No. 3, 5-year term
· Noble School District No. I-40: Office No. 3, 5-year term
· Moore School District No. I-2: Office No. 3, 5-year term
· Norman School District No. I-29: Office No. 3, 5-year term
· Robin Hill School District No. C-16: Office No. 3, 3-year term
· Moore Norman Technology Center No. 17: Zone #3, Office No. 3, 5-year term