NORMAN — Nine University of Oklahoma alumni and friends will receive Regents’ Alumni Awards in a ceremony Friday on the Norman campus.
Presented by the OU Board of Regents and OU Alumni Association, the Regents’ Alumni Award honors the roles of OU alumni and supporters to the life of the university.
This year’s recipients are:
· Katie Blum, originally of Norman and now an Emmy Award-winning producer for a major television network
· Bart Connor, of Norman, who — as an Olympic Gold Medal-winning gymnast — served as a goodwill ambassador promoting the state of Oklahoma
· Jim Duncan, of Austin, one of America’s leading urban planners
· David Gavia, of Spring, Texas, inventor and Petroleum engineer
· Linda Johnson, of Tucson, Ariz., president of a business consulting service
· Rick McCalip, of Katy, Texas, who served for more than 30 years as an oil and gas official
· Michael S. McConnell, of Austin, president of an energy company
· Joe Sparks, of Norman, entrepreneur and arts advocate
· Chuck R. Thompson, of Norman, banker, arts advocate and civic leader
The Regents’ Alumni Awards ceremony will be 10:45 a.m. Friday in Beaird Lounge in the Oklahoma Memorial Union.
For more information, contact Jill Stephens at 325-1710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breaking news, severe weather alerts, AMBER alerts, sports scores from The Norman Transcript are available as text messages right to your phone or mobile device. You decide which type of alerts you want to receive. Find out more or to signup, click here.