The Norman Transcript
NORMAN — University of Oklahoma staff members who are retiring will be recognized and staff will be honored for outstanding performance at the Staff Senate Awards Ceremony Tuesday, April 23.
Staff Senate Chair Chris Cook will offer a welcome, followed by remarks from President David Boren. Clarke Stroud, president for Student Affairs and dean of students, will serve as master of ceremonies for the event. A light lunch will follow.
During the ceremony, retirees and staff with 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 years of service will receive a lapel pin and certificate, and awards will be presented for outstanding, distinguished and superior service.
Below are the 2013 recipients of the Norman campus Staff Senate’s merit awards.
· Administrative Staff Council E. Neal Stone Superior Performance Award recipient: Linda Holt, Financial Services
· Hourly Employees Council Distinguished Performance Award recipients: Danny Feland, Environmental Systems, Pamela Hicks, National Scholars office, and Cecilia McEwen, College of Continuing Education
· HEC George Lynn Cross Superior Performance Award recipient: Gina Powell, Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
* HEC Molly and David Boren Award for Excellence in Housekeeping recipient: Sharlene Lehman, Facilities Management
· HEC Distinguished Performance Award recipient: Hutch Fussell, Fitness and Recreation · Organizational Staff Council Distinguished Performance Award recipients: Luis Salvatierra, Residence Life, and Fran Stephens, Office of Research Administration; OSC Katie Pursley Superior Performance Award recipient Larry Arthur, Internal Auditing
· Informational Staff Association Distinguished Performance Award recipients: Justin E. Davis, Information Technology, and Kristi Morgan, College of Arts and Sciences
· ISA Waintroob/Myers Superior Performance Award recipient Kam M. Stocks, Web Communications
· HEC Distinguished Performance Award recipients: Julie Hamburger, College of Arts and Sciences, Becky Steely, School of Meteorology, College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences, Brittany Elliott, University Collections Department, Floyd Lehman, Roads/Hauling
· HEC Distinguished Performance Award recipient Gregg Irvin, Lock Shop
· ISA Distinguished Performance Award recipient Karen Kelly, College of Engineering
· OSC Distinguished Performance Award recipient: JoAnn Miller-Dudgeon, South Central Climate Science Center
For local news and more, subscribe to The Norman Transcript Smart Edition, or our print edition.