NORMAN — Norman North DECA students have returned from State DECA Career Development Conference in Tulsa as winners. Norman North won the highest award for membership and involvement than any other high school in Oklahoma.
NNHS DECA adviser Jamie Wilson said he was proud of the students, and their performance this week garnered the most DECA awards for NNHS in school history.
“I couldn’t be more pleased with the students’ hard work preparing for and competing this week,” Wilson said. “We had 36 competitors — the most of any other Oklahoma high school — and we placed in 14 of the 18 events in which we competed. These students’ success this week is phenomenal.”
DECA is an international organization that through instruction and competition at the high school and collegiate levels prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management.
Students who placed in the top three of their events will advance to the International Career Development Conference, May 2-5 in Atlanta, where top DECA competitors throughout the world will meet and compete.
Norman North first place winners and state champions include the following:
· Brittley Base, Restaurant and Food Service Management
· Will Hickman, Sports & Entertainment Marketing
· Harper Horning and Payal Patel, Hospitality Operations Research
· Zac Musgrove, Apparel and Accessories Marketing
· Meridith Rasnic, Marketing Management
· Ryan Rosati Quick-Serve Restaurant Management
· Eva Sparks and Jaycie Melton, Travel and Tourism Marketing
· Bailey Thompson, Dani Gregory and Don Deuchting, Community Service Project Marketing
Norman North second place winners include the following:
· Bree Newman, Quick-Serve Restaurant Management
· James Pullin, Restaurant & Food Service Management
· Tommy Anglin, Retail Merchandising
· Maddie Robertson, Hospitality Operations Research
Norman North third place winners include the following:
· Silvia Kraft, Sports and Entertainment Marketing
· Megan Todd and Venise Hawkins, Buying and Merchandising
Norman North top five finalists include the following:
· Rachel Custer Business Services Marketing