The Norman Transcript

Homepage

March 25, 2014

Hospital kitchen fire extinguished

NORMAN — Norman firefighters contained a small fire Monday afternoon above the kitchen area at Norman Regional Hospital, 900 N. Porter Ave.

Spokesman Kelly Wells said roof repairs were being done above the hospital’s kitchen and employee cafeteria.

Cafeteria and kitchen employees were evacuated, but no patients were moved. Hospital officials got the all-clear shortly after 4:30 p.m.

The cafeteria was temporarily closed Monday evening. The Norman Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the fire.

— Transcript Staff

Breaking news, severe weather alerts, AMBER alerts, sports scores from The Norman Transcript are available as text messages right to your phone or mobile device. You decide which type of alerts you want to receive. Find out more or to signup, click here.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
New and Developing
Headlines

Sports

Opinion

Features

Must Read

Editorials

Video
Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction Malaysian PM: Stop Fighting in Ukraine Cantor Warns of Instability, Terror in Farewell Ravens' Ray Rice: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' Florida Panther Rebound Upsets Ranchers Small Plane Crash in San Diego Parking Lot Busy Franco's Not Afraid of Overexposure Fighting Blocks Access to Ukraine Crash Site Dangerous Bacteria Kills One in Florida Workers Dig for Survivors After India Landslide Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN
Business
Photos


Facebook