NORMAN — The Deaf Leadership Club of Moore Norman Technology Center will host a fundraiser from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday at Applebee’s Restaurant in Moore, 2401 S. I-35 Frontage Road. For $6, patrons can have pancakes, sausage, juice and coffee. Funds raised will support students attending contests and service projects.
1,300 without power in Norman , 500 power outages in Noble
Another round of winter weather in Oklahoma arrived just in time for the winter solstice, leaving a couple thousand in the county without power and crews cleaning up tree limbs because of the ice. OG&E spokesperson Karen Kurtz reported ...Continued ...
- ‘Santa Express’ comes to Moore
- Women’s Resource Center executive Smith retires
- Should Oklahoma collect DNA of arrestees?
- Syrian rebels seize strategic hospital in Aleppo
- Students find path to college in mariachi music
- 1,300 without power in Norman , 500 power outages in Noble
OU men top Texas A&M
HOUSTON — Jordan Woodard had 20 points as the Oklahoma won its seventh straight with a 64-52 win over Texas A&M Saturday night....Continued ...
- Sooners stumble in New York
- Clash came down to role players
- Tigers’ Ely is adjusting
- Cutting sports from budget concerns a growing trend at major colleges
- Sugar Bowl is also opportunity to impress NFL scouts
- Kansas State tops Gonzaga
- OU men top Texas A&M
Oklahoma health ranking is shameful
Editor, The Transcript: It is criminal that opponents of PPACA (Obamacare) don’t want those that can’t afford health insurance to have it....Continued ...
- Another attack on the working people of Oklahoma
- Controlling children can be harmful
- Slow housing growth
- Preventing overdose
- Oklahoma health ranking is shameful
The big Christmas secret
In the days leading up to Christmas, my family had a secret that we were keeping from my 15-year old brother, Jimmy. I was 14, Marianne was 13, Alicia was 11, and Jeff was 10. We weren’t exactly the perfect ages to be harboring secrets, ...Continued ...
- Keeping up the Christmas spirit
- A Christmas to remember
- The Christmas clock
- Priceless Christmas memories
- The big Christmas secret
- Must Read
Fungus threatens global banana supply
A new article in Nature brings the alarming news that the fungus threatening the global banana supply - or at least what most Americans think of as bananas - is spreading to more counties.Continued ...
- Graze fights General Mills to become the Netflix of snacks
- New York City Council approves plastic-foam container ban
- Iowa family pays it forward with son's final wish
- Fungus threatens global banana supply
- Moore Strong - Six month later
Mom: ‘Twister’ baby healthy, happy
MOORE — For most Oklahoma residents Nov. 20 marks the somber six-month anniversary of the EF-5 tornado that tore through Moore. But for one mother, the date symbolizes new life....Continued ...
- Tornado duck to face winter alone
- First responders relive harrowing day
- Revisiting the path of destruction
- Warren Theatre larger than life survivor of storm
- Mom: ‘Twister’ baby healthy, happy