#cnn #news In a landmark decision, an Oklahoma judge on Monday ordered pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson to pay $572 million for its role in the state's opioid crisis.
The verdict issued by Cleveland County District Judge Thad Balkman marks the end of the first state trial attempting to hold a pharmaceutical company accountable for one of the worst health epidemics in history. In his ruling, Balkman said the opioid crisis has "ravaged" the state of Oklahoma.
As featured on
NORMAN, OKLA. — A New Jersey-based pharmaceutical company caused an Oklahoma opioid crisis that led to thousands of deaths, and must pay $572.1 million to fix it, a Cleveland County, Oklahoma, district judge ruled Monday.
This Week's Circulars
Lucian George Lee III, of Norman, passed away on Tuesday, 9/17/19. A service will be held in his honor at 11am, Friday, 9/20/19, First Christian Church, Norman. For more information & to leave condolences for the family, please visit www.tribute.care.
Keith Bell of Norman was born on February 13, 1955 to James Lowell and Lucy Nell (Hughey) Bell in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He entered into the Kingdom of Heaven on September 16, 2019 at the age of 64 with his family by his side. Keith was a loyal and hardworking man, working for IBEW as an e…
Howard F. Meador, 87, of Norman, died, September 16, 2019. Visitation: Friday, September 20th, 6:00-8:00pm at Havenbrook Funeral Home, Norman. Funeral Service: Saturday, September 21st, 2:00pm at the funeral home. Interment: Sunny Lane Cemetery, Del City. Share condolences at www.havenbrookf…
Keith Bell, 64, of Norman passed away on 9/16. Services will be held 1pm Friday 9/20 at Westside Church of Christ. For more information and to leave condolence messages for the family visit www.tribute.care.
- Lincoln Riley: ‘You don’t want a quarterback to be’ leading rusher by end of season
- Report: Dates set for Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray Heisman statues
- OU football: Kicker Calum Sutherland arrested for public intoxication
- OU football: Kickoff time, TV announced for Oklahoma-Texas Tech
- Board of Education changes medical marijuana policy
- One arrested, two injured in hit-and-run
- Norman PD propose Campus Corner Pedestrian Safety Plan
- Aunties launch nonprofit
- Norman North football: RB Blaine Martin no longer with program
- Norman Regional seeks council bond approval