Men’s prayer breakfast begins Monday
The McFarlin United Methodist Church, 419 S. University Blvd., Men’s Prayer Breakfast is announcing its schedule for the 2015 Ecumenical Holy Week.
A free breakfast will begin at 5:45 a.m. The devotion will begin at 6:30 a.m. with a hymn. When the devotion is finished, individual prayer requests will be honored. The program is generally over by 7 a.m.
• March 30: Episcopalian Judge Bill Hetherington introduced by Methodist Stan Ward;
• March 30: Catholic Priest Fr. James Aubrey Goins introduced by Catholic Judge Steve Bonner;
• April 1: Methodist Rev. Linda Harker introduced by Methodist John Dufran;
• April 2: Jewish OU Professor Carsten Schapkow introduced by Catholic Preston Trimble;
• April 3: Baptist Uncle Mark Wood, M.D. introduced by Methodist Niece Emily Allan.
Joe Sanders, 613-0472 or 294-0033, will maintain a sign-up list for those desiring breakfast. The sign-up sheets will also be available in the Atrium from 7:45 to 10:50 a.m. each Sunday. There is no need to sign up unless you intend to eat.
Everyone is welcome to attend, including women.
NorthHaven to host Lenten lunch
The Norman Ministerial Fellowship Lenten lunch series will continue on March 25 with guest pastor, Charles Kimball of the University of Oklahoma delivering the sermon,“I Am the Good Shepherd.”
Services will be at NorthHaven Church, 4600 36th Ave. NW. Each service will begin at noon and a lunch will be served at 12:35 p.m. Cost for the lunch is $5.
At the conclusion of each worship service, an offering will be taken for Mission Norman, a nonprofit organization that is supported solely by volunteers and charitable individuals.
— Transcript Staff