OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma closer Ryan Duke retired the side in order in the ninth inning to lock up OU's 5-2 victory over Texas Tech Wednesday night.
The win lifted second-seeded OU to 41-16 on the season. The seventh-seeded Red Raiders fell to 24-31.
-- John Shinn
This Week's Circulars
Major F. 'Red' Morrow, 92, of Norman, died June 15, 2021. Graveside Service: 2:00pm, Friday, June 18th, Resthaven Memory Gardens, 500 SW 104th Street, Oklahoma City. The family requests masks be worn at the graveside service. Share condolences online: www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com.
Shepherd, Dr. Colonel Virgil
Dr. William D. "Bill" Anderson, Jr., 93, of Joplin, Missouri, formerly of Norman, died June 15, 2021. Graveside service: 11:00 a.m. Friday, June 18th, Clinton City Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of Thornhill-Dillon Mortuary, Joplin, Missouri.
- Horning: Coaches need to tell NCAA what's acceptable and threaten not showing up
- Horning: Five things to remember and take away from a wonderful and poorly scheduled WCWS
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Gasso makes the case for replay
- Horning: Her whole team won, but it was Juarez who improbably made it possible
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Controversy marks seventh inning
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Sooners broke record after record, all season and at the World Series
- State shows Moore hit-and-run, aftermath footage in trial
- Horning: Getting to Game 3, Sooners, Seminoles deserve a bigger stage
- OU Softball: Juarez keep it going, bats back her up, Sooners win fifth national championship
- OU Softball: NCAA showing signs of listening to Gasso, others, who are demanding change