MOORE, Oklahoma — After a natural disaster, survivors can have psychological fallouts for weeks and months, or even lifetimes, research shows.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- State Superintendent of Public Instruction Joy Hofmeister praised three educators who were honored Friday for their lifetime achievements. Calvin Agee, of Sulphur, Pamela Deering, of Norman, and Vernon Florence, of Edmond, will be inducted into the Oklahoma Educators Hall of Fame.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 22, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Oklahoma County will host an information session in collaboration with the Oklahoma City Streetcar. This pop-up event is an effort to reach those who are interested in CASA's mission, but whose sched…
The Norman Singers, Norman's non-auditioned community choir, will begin the fall semester at 7 p.m. Monday in the choral rehearsal room at Catlett Music Center, 500 W. Boyd St. on the University of Oklahoma campus.
Oklahoma's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was unchanged at 3.2 percent in July, while the U.S. unemployment rate held steady at 3.7 percent in July. The state's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was also unchanged compared to July 2018.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Gov. Kevin Stitt on Friday announced the Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved the state's request for public assistance for four additional counties impacted by flooding and severe weather from May 7 to June 9.
The City of Moore has instructed residents to be cautious of ponds and standing water in city parks over concerns of blue-green algae.
This Week's Circulars
Dorothy Jean "Dot" Duncan, 69, formerly of Norman, passed August 15, 2019. Celebration Services will be held 2PM, Monday, August 19, Shekinah Fellowship Church, 412 SW 104th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73139. Condolences may be shared at www.tribute.care (405.292.4787).
Frederick Powell Goodwin Jr. 67 of Norman passed away Wednesday August 14, 2019. Memorial services will be 10:00am Saturday August 24, 2019 at Trinity Lutheran Church. To leave online condolences please visit havenbrookfuneralhome.com
Ted VanSchuyver, (66) of Norman passed away at his home on August 13th. Graveside Services are 10:00am Saturday, August 17th at Johnsonville Cemetery, Byars, Ok. Arranged and Directed By McMahans Funeral Home.
- The Meating Place opens in downtown Norman
- OU football: Former Oklahoma RB Mike Gaddis dies at 50
- Norman's daily water capacity has reached over 90%
- OU football: Bob Stoops’ sense of urgency helped get him into Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame
- In their own words: Patty Gasso's journey from building a softball power to Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame
- Epic Charter Schools to open Norman meeting space
- Horning: Listening to Bob Stoops, it sounds like a return to college coaching could be in the cards
- OU football: Spencer Rattler putting himself in thick of Oklahoma’s QB race
- Prep volleyball: Perhaps the team to beat, Timberwolves open strong
- Update: Council delays cannabis rule changes