The Norman Animal Welfare Oversight Committee is now accepting nominations for the Norman Animal Welfare Volunteerism Award.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- In July, the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) will bring its fourth annual EngageOK on the Road summer education conference to five high schools across the state. The one-day conferences will be July 15-23 in Woodward, Lawton, Durant, Bixby and Moore.
HOLDENVILLE -- The Oklahoma Department of Corrections is investigating the potential homicide of an inmate at Davis Correctional Facility.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Physician-scientists at the Stephenson Cancer Center at OU Medicine recently gave 30 presentations about their cancer research at an annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the largest oncology meeting in the world.
Elvis fans will have the perfect excuse to throw on their jumpsuits and strap on their blue suede shoes this weekend at the Jeff Lewis & Friends Oklahoma Festival.
Under a new state law that requires Oklahomans to keep their license plates when selling vehicles, car owners will need to carry proof of their registration in their vehicles as well.
This Week's Circulars
The Norman City Council has announced plans to move forward with building the new senior center at Reaves Park. Other locations have included Andrews Park and the current central library, which will be vacated at some point this summer.
Orum George Jones passed from this life in Norman, Oklahoma on June 23, 2019. He was born in Kellyville, Oklahoma to Orum William Jones and Pearl Victoria (Goodwin) Jones on February 28, 1933. Orum graduated from Kellyville High School in 1951, then he joined the United States Army. After th…
Samuel Richek, 63, of Norman, passed on June 24, 2019. Services will be held on Monday, July 1st, 10 am at the Goodrich United Methodist Chruch (200 W. Hayes St).
Diana Ruth Yates Gray, 61 of Purcell, passed away Tuesday June 25, 2019. Services scheduled for 2:00 P.M. Friday, June 28, 2019, First Baptist Church in Lexington. Burial will follow at Hillside Cemetery in Purcell. Send online condolences @ wilsonlittle.com.
Erin Bruce Clancy, 81 of Norman, passed away on Sunday, June 16, 2019. Services will be held on Saturday, June 29th at 3:00 pm at the First Baptist Church in Norman. Services are under the direction of Primrose Funeral Service
- Parkway Plaza on the rise
- OU football: Remembering Barry Switzer's resignation 30 years ago
- Norman girl attacked by two dogs
- Norman-based Vault Ice leading cocktail revolution
- OU football: Expectations high around Oklahoma freshmen WRs Theo Wease, Trejan Bridges, Jadon Haselwood
- OU employee files 'sexual assault & battery' lawsuit against former VP
- Oklahoma softball: OU pitcher Mariah Lopez transfers to Arizona
- Center city code evolving
- OKC Thunder: Draft only the beginning of Oklahoma City's offseason
- OU football: Oklahoma safety Delarrin Turner-Yell eyes bigger role after head-turning spring