For The American
"Get on your denim and diamonds" read the invitations to Moore Chamber of Commerce members, reminding them of the annual banquet and auction Thursday night.
This year's theme is "Best of the West" and symbolizes the feelings of the banquet committee and the leadership of the Moore chamber regarding the current status of the chamber and where it's headed.
This year's event is taking place at Moore Norman Technology Center's South Penn Campus.
More than 400 members have indicated they will be in attendance at the event that will feature approximately 200 auction items. Twenty-five of the items will be in the live auction portion while the remaining items will be in the silent auction.
Some of this year's items include an authentic OU helmet signed by the team, Adrian Peterson autographed pictures, artwork and an Eddie Sutton autographed shirt and pictures.
Proceeds from the auction will assist the chamber in completing its building project, as well as, assisting in the operations of the chamber.
Groundbreaking on the new chamber office building is expected sometime in October.
For The American
This Week's Circulars
Major F. 'Red' Morrow, 92, of Norman, died June 15, 2021. Graveside Service: 2:00pm, Friday, June 18th, Resthaven Memory Gardens, 500 SW 104th Street, Oklahoma City. The family requests masks be worn at the graveside service. Share condolences online: www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com.
Shepherd, Dr. Colonel Virgil
Dr. William D. "Bill" Anderson, Jr., 93, of Joplin, Missouri, formerly of Norman, died June 15, 2021. Graveside service: 11:00 a.m. Friday, June 18th, Clinton City Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of Thornhill-Dillon Mortuary, Joplin, Missouri.
- Horning: Coaches need to tell NCAA what's acceptable and threaten not showing up
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Gasso makes the case for replay
- Horning: Five things to remember and take away from a wonderful and poorly scheduled WCWS
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Controversy marks seventh inning
- Horning: Her whole team won, but it was Juarez who improbably made it possible
- Horning: Getting to Game 3, Sooners, Seminoles deserve a bigger stage
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Sooners broke record after record, all season and at the World Series
- OU Softball: Juarez keep it going, bats back her up, Sooners win fifth national championship
- Horning: Gasso, Sooners do too much wrong, make it easy on Seminoles
- OU Softball: Not themselves, Sooners in another World Series hole after waiting too long to respond