The city has released a list of its top candidates to replace interim City Manager Mary Rupp.
The Norman City Council, along with city department heads and a community panel, will meet the six candidates in interviews on Monday and Tuesday.
The candidates, in alphabetical order by last name, are:
• Anthony Francisco, Director of Finance, City of Norman, Oklahoma
• Sara Hensley, Director of Parks and Recreation, City of Austin, Texas
• Ashley Mitchell, Deputy City Manager, City of Addison, Texas
• Darrell Pyle, City Manager, City of Hanford, California
• Scot Rigby, Assistant City Manager/Director of Development Services, City of Wichita, Kansas
• Timothy Rundel, City Manager, City of Durant, Oklahoma
The city council chose the applicants from a field of 11 qualified candidates recruited by firm Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, formerly Springstead Waters.
All candidates have a bachelor’s degree, with most also holding a master’s degree, and multiple years of prior experience serving in city governments across the country.
“This is an excellent group of highly qualified candidates,” said Mayor Lynne Miller. “With input from our department heads and community panel, I am hopeful we will find the right choice for our city.”
In addition to interviews, the candidates will also tour city facilities and a few places of note in Norman. Comments and observations from interviews with the community panel and department heads will be provided to city council, which will make the final decision.