UPDATE: 5 p.m. Nov. 11
NORMAN — Cleveland County prosecutors laid the groundwork Wednesday for proving their case in a first-degree murder trial against a 38-year-old Noble man charged with stomping a toddler.
Defense attorneys in a first-degree murder trial must limit the questions they ask a key prosecution witness when testimony begins today, Cleveland County District Judge Jeff Virgin ruled.
The Norman Police Department has officially entered another chapter in its history with the swearing in of Chief Kevin Foster, who began his term Friday following a ceremony at city hall.
A suspect is in custody following a bank robbery Friday in Norman, according to Andrea Anderson, Federal Bureau of Investigations spokeswoman in the Oklahoma City division.
By the evening of June 1, 35-year-old Thomas Goodeyes Gay, a father of three who was in Bartlesville to visit family, would become the 11th person shot and killed by Oklahoma police in 2019.
Oklahoma's Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training removed all references to "accreditation" from its website after a Frontier story showed the agency didn't actually accredit the online courses it was offering to police officers seeking mandatory continuing education.
This Week's Circulars
Janice Anderson (61) of Norman, passed away November 7, 2019 in Norman, OK. Services will be 1:00pm Friday, November 15, 2019 at the McMahans Funeral Chapel, interment will follow at Noble IOOF Cemetery. Directed by McMahans Funeral Home of Noble.
Robert Stevens Street Jr. passed 11/06 A memorial service will be held Saturday, 11/16 at 10:00AM at Primrose Funeral Service at 1109 N Porter Ave. Sign the online guestbook at www.primrosefuneralservice.com
Joey Hudson, age 42 of Purcell, passed away Saturday, November 09, 2019. Funeral Services are scheduled for 2:00 P.M. Thursday, November 14, 2019, at the Wilson-Little Funeral Home Chapel. Send online condolences @ wilsonlittle.com.
Frances "Jane" Bryant, 85, Norman, passed away on Sunday, November 10, 2019. Services are pending with Tribute Memorial Care of Norman. www.tribute.care (405.292.4787).
Charles Lee Young, Jr., 79, of Norman, died Sunday, November 10, 2019. A Graveside Service will be held at 10:00am on Wednesday, November 13, 2019, at Sunset Memorial Park in Norman. Arrangements by Havenbrook Funeral Home-Norman. Share online condolences: www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com.
- Autopsy photos show boy's torn liver, pancreas
- Norman couple still caring for neglected duck pond on OU campus
- Slain toddler's mother testifies
- OU football: Details emerge of Jalen Hurts' address to teammates after K-State loss
- Defense attempts to discredit slain boy's mom
- UPDATE: OU identifies student in death at campus apartment complex
- OU football: Trey Sermon, Kenneth Mann out for the season with injuries
- High school football: Noble runs away from Southeast, looks to playoff potential
- Norman North football: For one season, Sam Kolar follows in football footsteps of his older brothers
- Horning: Who are these Sooners, anyway?