Just after 6 a.m. Monday the Norman Police Department responded to the scene of a shooting on the 800 block of Beaumont Square, NPD spokesperson Sarah Jensen said in a statement.
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) has announced that Attorney General Mike Hunter's solicitor general unit has received the organization's 2020 U.S. Supreme Court Best Brief Award.
A suspect is recovering from a gunshot wound the day after he attempted to rob Sooner Pharmacy on Wednesday, Norman Police Department officials say.
After video of off-campus parties went viral over the weekend, Norman Mayor Breea Clark said the city is discussing necessary changes to avoid potentially unsafe gatherings on game days.
As the Norman City Council looks toward a vote on a grant that would fund more police officers in local public schools, Norman police and school district administrators spoke Thursday to the potential expansion of Norman’s school resource officer program.
This Week's Circulars
Viola Merle Hatley, 92, of Norman, passed away Friday, September 18, 2020. Services are pending with Tribute Memorial Care of Norman. Online condolences may be shared at www.tribute.care (405.292.4787).
Donald Sloan, 88 of Norman, passed away on September 14, 2020. No services scheduled at this time. Arrangements under the direction of Primrose Funeral Service.
- Mayor: Changes on table after unsafe game day gatherings
- UPDATED: Big Red execs charged with wire fraud conspiracy, forgery and ID theft
- Ward 2 Selection Committee recommends Sean Boyd
- UPDATED: Armed employee shoots robbery suspect
- UPDATED: Norman city clerk announces results of recall petition validation
- Oklahoma reports 1,091 new COVID-19 cases, 68 in Norman
- Unite Norman sends councilor ‘cease and desist’ letter
- NPS releases report breaking down COVID-19 case, quarantine numbers at school sites
- State reports 63 new COVID-19 cases in Norman, county remains at Orange Level 2
- Oklahoma reports 1,034 new COVID-19 cases, 30 in Norman