A proposed move to privatize the Norman Animal Welfare Center is ruffling feathers among advocates and the center's oversight committee.
A citywide moment of silence and prayer will be held in Norman on Monday at noon to mourn the 100,000 Americans who have died from the coronavirus.
The City of Norman has received $535,688 from Community Development Block Grant-CV (coronavirus) funding under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security Act to use toward COVID-19 relief.
The Norman City Council continued to deliberate a business relief program general obligation bond package during its study session Tuesday night.
Cleveland County Commissioners unanimously approved a $150,000 contract with Witt O’Briens, a management company, to pursue federal reimbursement and relief funds for the coronavirus pandemic.
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma House of Representatives on Monday passed the Barbara E. Hoover Act that will extend electronic monitoring of family members to long-term care facilities.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- A bill that promises additional transparency and accountability of the attendance, enrollment, transfer and instruction practices of Oklahoma's virtual charter schools passed the Oklahoma Senate on Monday with a vote of 45-0.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- A bill that will increase pay by $2 an hour for Department of Corrections' employees passed the House on Tuesday with a vote of 99-0.
This Week's Circulars
HOLLY SWINFORD, 64, of Norman, passed away on May 9, 2020. Services to be 2:00 P.M.Thursday, June 4, 2020 @ the Parks Brothers Funeral Home Chapel in Okemah, OK. 301 N. 3rd St. 918.623.1221
Steven 'Steve' D. Carlson, 61, of Norman, died May 28, 2020. Memorial service: 2:00p.m., Thursday, June 4th, First Baptist Church of Norman. Social distance seating will be in place, and masks are required. Online condolences may be shared at www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com.
Kenneth Paul Sinor, 49, Norman, passed away May 23, 2020. Services are pending. Tribute Memorial Care, 708 24th Ave NW, Norman, OK. 73069.(405-292-4787)
- Riots erupt overnight in Oklahoma City in protest of George Floyd incident
- Local residents holding peaceful protest at 2 p.m. at Andrews Park
- Update: Mayor Breea Clark responds to advocacy group's endorsement withdrawal
- No injuries in car accident at Norman Sprouts
- Some Epic students transfer out
- Phase 2 begins tomorrow for Reopen Norman plan
- Column: OU football provides a refuge from the world, but I sought Nick Basquine for understanding
- Violence continues Sunday night in downtown OKC
- Second day of Oklahoma City protesting shares unified message
- State to stop publishing detailed COVID-19 data