The Norman Singers, Norman's non-auditioned community choir, will begin the fall semester at 7 p.m. Monday in the choral rehearsal room at Catlett Music Center, 500 W. Boyd St. on the University of Oklahoma campus.
The City of Moore has instructed residents to be cautious of ponds and standing water in city parks over concerns of blue-green algae.
University of Oklahoma football players in dramatic motion, glamorous models posing in haute couture and a handsome ballet dancer defying gravity above a London cityscape. Those are among the exciting variety of photographic images in Cody Giles’ inaugural exhibition at Studio Ink, 220 E. Ma…
The Texas horned lizard is more difficult to come across in the wild these days, but there is one place third-year Ph.D. student Samuel Eliades can find them: Tinker Air Force Base.
NORMAN — In a week full of events before school begins for Norman Public Schools, Indian Education is doing their part to make sure Norman families are prepared.
NORMAN — As Oklahoma practiced earlier this month, Ruffin McNeill oversaw a small cluster of outside linebackers doing a drill within a corner of OU’s rugby complex.
This Week's Circulars
Dorothy Jean "Dot" Duncan, 69, formerly of Norman, passed August 15, 2019. Celebration Services will be held 2PM, Monday, August 19, Shekinah Fellowship Church, 412 SW 104th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73139. Condolences may be shared at www.tribute.care (405.292.4787).
Frederick Powell Goodwin Jr. 67 of Norman passed away Wednesday August 14, 2019. Memorial services will be 10:00am Saturday August 24, 2019 at Trinity Lutheran Church. To leave online condolences please visit havenbrookfuneralhome.com
Ted VanSchuyver, (66) of Norman passed away at his home on August 13th. Graveside Services are 10:00am Saturday, August 17th at Johnsonville Cemetery, Byars, Ok. Arranged and Directed By McMahans Funeral Home.
- The Meating Place opens in downtown Norman
- OU football: Former Oklahoma RB Mike Gaddis dies at 50
- Norman's daily water capacity has reached over 90%
- OU football: Bob Stoops’ sense of urgency helped get him into Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame
- In their own words: Patty Gasso's journey from building a softball power to Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame
- Epic Charter Schools to open Norman meeting space
- Horning: Listening to Bob Stoops, it sounds like a return to college coaching could be in the cards
- OU football: Spencer Rattler putting himself in thick of Oklahoma’s QB race
- Prep volleyball: Perhaps the team to beat, Timberwolves open strong
- Update: Council delays cannabis rule changes