Update 7 p.m.: The Oklahoma State Department of Health released its daily COVID-19 update Friday evening, reporting 96 new cases and one additional death statewide.
The 39th annual Rose Rock Festival in Noble has been postponed indefinitely following an emergency city council meeting Thursday night.
Cory Walkingstick continues to march in protest of police brutality despite having been arrested on the night of May 30 and spending 14 hours in the Oklahoma County Jail.
The City of Norman is amending its Healthier at Home initiative to delay the reopening date for local nursing homes.
NORMAN — The Oklahoma State Department of Health's Thursday update showed three additional COVID-19-related deaths and 102 new cases, three of them in Cleveland County.
Hundreds of locals gathered in Norman on Monday and Tuesday to protest the death of George Floyd, a Minneapolis black man who died after being restrained by police last week.
Moore Public Schools has changed the location for its three June commencement ceremonies to Moore Schools Stadium, according to a post on the district’s Facebook page.
In a reversal of its Monday announcement, the Oklahoma State Department of Health will now resume releasing COVID-19 data for specific cities and ZIP codes.
This Week's Circulars
Bucky Little Charley, 68, of Norman, Oklahoma passed away Friday, June 5, 2020 after a long battle with kidney disease and heart failure. Service will be 2:00 p.m., Saturday, June 6, 2020 at Cooper Funeral Home Chapel with Reverend Sunny Stewart officiating. Tribal Rights will follow at Bren…
Gerald Ray Hayes, age 87 of Purcell passed away Monday, March 16, 2020. Memorial Service will be held 2:00 P.M. Sunday, June 14, 2020 at the Grand Canadian Theatre, Purcell, OK. See full obituary at wilsonlittle.com.
Ronnie Dell Pierce (69) of Norman passed away on June 4, 2020. Services are pending with McMahans Funeral Home of Noble.
- Riots erupt overnight in Oklahoma City in protest of George Floyd incident
- Moore Public Schools Superintendent named OASA superintendent of the year
- NPS names principals at 3 elementary schools
- Local residents holding peaceful protest at 2 p.m. at Andrews Park
- Violence continues Sunday night in downtown OKC
- Some Epic students transfer out
- Column: OU football provides a refuge from the world, but I sought Nick Basquine for understanding
- State to stop publishing detailed COVID-19 data
- Framework released for Oklahoma schools opening amid outbreak
- Second day of Oklahoma City protesting shares unified message