Defense team members tried Friday to portray a dead toddler's mother as an uncaring and inattentive parent by showing jurors the amount of time the woman worked at her job and the number of hours the child attended daycare.
Testimony about a defendant's prior conduct and threats he reportedly made can be used in an upcoming murder trial, Cleveland County District Judge Thad Balkman ruled Friday.
It was a sunny beautiful day on the interstate between Muskogee and Fort Smith, Arkansas late last month. Susan Gibson couldn't have been happier. She was in her vehicle with two dogs traveling to a gig singing songs and playing guitar at a joint called R. Landry's New Orleans Café.
• Editor’s note: This is the third in a series of articles exploring mentorship programs in Norman. The articles will run the third Friday of every month.
An ex-convict claimed Thursday a man accused of killing a 20-month-old toddler confessed to him while the pair were incarcerated in the Cleveland County jail last year.
Andrew Shank’s mother-in-law punched him in the arm after one of his stand-up comedy shows. She’d just heard his joke that possibly involved her and a fantasy sex scenario.
An injury pattern on a 20-month-old boy's abdomen and tread from a pair of shoes were described as "similar" by a Norman police forensic technician during testimony Wednesday in a first-degree murder trial.
This Week's Circulars
Major USAF Retired Jim Cole, 71 of Norman passed away November 12, 2019. Services will be held Friday, November 22nd at 2:00 pm at the Primrose Funeral Service Chapel. Visitation will be Thursday from 6-8 pm at the Funeral Home.
Dr. Joseph Schaefer, an expert in severe thunderstorm meteorology and former director of the N.O.A.A. National Weather Service (N.W.S.) Storm Prediction Center (1995-2010) passed Thursday November 14, 2019 in Oklahoma City. He was 76. Joseph was born to parents Margaret and John Schaefer, on…
Glenn Dobry, 65, of Norman passed away on Friday, November 15, 2019. Services are pending with Tribute Memorial Care of Norman. (www.tribute.care) 405.292.4787.
- Autopsy photos show boy's torn liver, pancreas
- Norman steps closer to warming shelter location
- UPDATE: OU identifies student in death at campus apartment complex
- Defense attempts to discredit slain boy's mom
- OU volleyball: Ashlynn Dunbar finds 'perfect place' in first and only season with Sooners
- OU football: Trey Sermon, Kenneth Mann out for the season with injuries
- Shoe tread described as 'similar' in child murder case
- Female firefighter joins Station 1 in Norman
- High school football: Noble opens postseason, and in theatres, following movie-esque season
- Ex-convict claims defendant admitted to killing toddler