The Community Needs Network is conducting research to better understand the hopes and needs of the community as a whole and the individuals who call Norman and southern Cleveland County home.
The Community Needs Network is comprised of educators, researchers, policymakers, planners, funders, service providers and community partners. These individuals and groups have joined in collaboration to identify the needs and assets in the area to find solutions and opportunities that will help strengthen the community.
The Community Needs Network will be partnered with community organizations to administer brief surveys to collect data over the next couple of months. These surveys will assess the effectiveness of already available resources and help improve the resources individuals feel are lacking.
The survey will be administered in both electronic and paper copies to maximize the demographics reached in the area. This is an opportunity for community members to have their voices heard. The Community Needs Network urges individuals to take part in the assessment. The names of the Community Needs Network members and the community organization they represent are:
• Melody Bays, Sheriff Todd Gibson, Tara Douglas and Darry D. Stacy -- Cleveland County offices
• Shane Brady, Breea D. Clark, Diana G. Hartley, Jane Irungu, Marilyn L. Korhonen, Teara Lander and Joy L. Pendley -- University of Oklahoma
• Teresa Capps -- Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
• Jeanette S. Capshaw and Robyn A. Castleberry -- Moore Norman Technology Center
• Teresa C. Collado -- The Virtue Center
• Jed Dembowski -- OU / Tulsa campus
• Zach Dunnells and Adrienne Gautier -- community volunteers
• Kevin W. Foster, Ricky L. Jackson, Ali Jaffery and Pamela S. Sharp -- City of Norman
• Erinn F. Gavaghan -- Norman Arts Council
• Sean Hardrick and Michael Washington -- University of Oklahoma students
• Kathy Holder, Diane D. Murphree and Daren Wilson -- United Way of Norman Inc.
• Beatrice Johnston -- Salvation Army
• Sara King and Erin Turner -- Cleveland County Health Department
• Lisa D. Krieg -- Lost Moose LLC
• Thomas Lewis -- Congressman Tom Cole
• Scott Charles Martin and Erica Millar -- Norman Chamber Of Commerce
• Mandy McClure and Patricia A. Truesdell -- Republic Bank and Trust
• Stephanie A. McGinnis, Paula M. Price, Sara M. Raney and Kelly Wells -- Norman Regional Health System
• Nick Migliorino and Justin Milner -- Norman Public Schools
• Chloe Shi Odom -- Chickasaw Nation Industries
• Derek B. Paiva -- Oklahoma City Designated Funds
• Joe Paslay Jr. -- Cleveland County Family YMCA
• Rev. Glenn Quirk -- Timbercreek Fellowship Church
• Cylinda Richardson-Martin -- Pioneer Library System
• Stephanie Roesler -- Crimson Electrical Services
• Eva M. Smith -- OU Health Sciences Center-OKCD
• Wendy Swatek -- Crossroads Youth & Family Services Inc.
• Kira Switzer -- Switzer Consulting LLC
• Tory Tedder-Loffland -- OEC Foundation Inc.