A person attempting to steal a Hewlett-Packard computer from a Wal-Mart Supercenter, 333 N. Interstate Drive was spotted Friday evening and fled in a 2003 Mazda sedan with Texas license plates, according to a Norman police report.
The report included no description of the suspect but did say the computer, valued at $768, was recovered. Wal-Mart employees told police the person had stolen several computers over time. The incident happened about 7:10 p.m. Friday.
Among other Norman police cases:
? A green 1995 Honda Civic coupe with a dented driver door and hood was reported stolen from an apartment parking lot in the 3100 block of Ridgecrest Court. The car, valued at $2,000, was taken between 6:15 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 p.m. Friday.
? One or more persons reportedly broke through a locked front door on an apartment in the 2100 block of Melrose Drive and took a laptop computer. The Apple I-book is valued at $1,900, and the door had about $50 in damage. The break-in happened between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Friday.
? A DVD player, antique silver pocket watch and a women's watch were taken and two doors damaged in a reported burglary in the 3400 block of 180th Avenue NE. The incident took place between 9 a.m. and 12:40 p.m. Friday.
This Week's Circulars
Donald Dayne "DAF" Keim, 68, of Norman, passed away Wednesday, April 14, 2021. There are no services scheduled at this time. Condolences may be shared at www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com
Paula Jean Meyer, 66, of Moore passed away 4/16/2021. Visitation, 2PM-4PM, 4/18/2021, Tribute Memorial Care Event Center, 708 24th Ave. NW, Norman. Celebration of Life Service, 10AM, 4/19/2021, Emmaus Baptist Church, 16001 S Western Ave, Oklahoma City. (www.tribute.care) 405.292.4787.
- Search ends for missing 50-pound pet raccoon
- OU women's basketball: Why Jennie Baranczyk left home to become Oklahoma's next head coach
- Oklahoma extends state income tax deadline until June 15
- Horning: As Jennie Baranczyk takes over Sooners, Michael Neal's shadow looms large
- Norman man indicted on 10 counts after making threats on Parler
- OU women's gymnastic: Anastasia Webb's historic night leads Sooners to NCAA finals
- County tried to negotiate for better deal on capital purchase
- ‘The city’s coming back alive’: Medieval Fair returns to kick off Norman festival season
- OU women's basketball: Jennie Baranczyk hired as program's head coach
- NPS Board of Education approves new lunch price; district eyes legal action