A 23-year-old Norman man was arrested and charged Friday with first-degree rape, in connection with the sexual assault of a 7-year-old baby-sitter, police said.
Juan Martin Cervantes-Lopez is being held in the Cleveland County Detention Center on $200,000 bond, according to sheriff's deputies.
Police said the rape occurred Wednesday at a residence in the 4400 block of West Main Street, while the victim baby-sat the defendant's infant daughter.
The victim's mother contacted police after discovering blood in the girl's underwear, police said. The victim was taken to Norman Regional Hospital for a sexual assault examination, and treated for lacerations.
Other felonies filed Friday include:
Terri Ann Gibson, 34, Moore, unlawful possession of a controlled, dangerous substance with intent to distribute; unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance;
Lucas Dean Kitchell, 21, Moore, unlawful possession of marijuana;
Crystal Rose Sutton, 26, Norman, uttering a forged instrument;
Kirby Lane Odom, 44, Norman, knowingly concealing stolen property;
Paul Edward Lack, 43, Norman, knowingly concealing stolen property.
This Week's Circulars
Major F. 'Red' Morrow, 92, of Norman, died June 15, 2021. Graveside Service: 2:00pm, Friday, June 18th, Resthaven Memory Gardens, 500 SW 104th Street, Oklahoma City. The family requests masks be worn at the graveside service. Share condolences online: www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com.
Shepherd, Dr. Colonel Virgil
Dr. William D. "Bill" Anderson, Jr., 93, of Joplin, Missouri, formerly of Norman, died June 15, 2021. Graveside service: 11:00 a.m. Friday, June 18th, Clinton City Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of Thornhill-Dillon Mortuary, Joplin, Missouri.
- Horning: Coaches need to tell NCAA what's acceptable and threaten not showing up
- Horning: Five things to remember and take away from a wonderful and poorly scheduled WCWS
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Gasso makes the case for replay
- Horning: Her whole team won, but it was Juarez who improbably made it possible
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Controversy marks seventh inning
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Sooners broke record after record, all season and at the World Series
- Horning: Getting to Game 3, Sooners, Seminoles deserve a bigger stage
- OU Softball: Juarez keep it going, bats back her up, Sooners win fifth national championship
- OU football player arrested Sunday morning
- NonDoc suing OU for reports on Boren investigations