Vehicles and homes were prime targets for miscreants Sunday and Monday as Norman police responded to automobile thefts and a handful of break-ins.
Two Norman residents reported their vehicles stolen Monday. A blue 1987 Honda Accord valued at $1,500 was removed from a home in the 2600 block of Shoreridge Avenue sometime between June 28 and Saturday, July 9. In a separate incident, a black 1998 Dodge Ram pickup was stolen from a car lot in the 1000 block of North Flood Avenue sometime between 3:30 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. Monday. The truck is valued at $14,500.
Thieves also reportedly made their way into three homes and two cars removing various items. More than $2,400 in clothing and electronic equipment was taken from a home in the 100 block of East Hayes Street sometime between 6 a.m. and 3:22 p.m. Monday, and about $2,500 in golf clubs and accessories were stolen from a home in the 5000 block of Deerhurst Drive between 4:30 and 8:30 p.m. Sunday. The victim's garage door was left open.
According to the report, a Norman woman returned home from church and discovered more than $900 in movies and electronic equipment missing. The theft occurred in the 100 block of Beacon Circle sometime between 10:40 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Sunday.
A green 1996 Ford Ranger and a white Honda Civic parked in the 600 block of North Interstate Drive were broken into and had their stereos removed. The two thefts happened sometime between 10 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m. Monday. Each stereo is valued at $100.
This Week's Circulars
Deborah Rene Skaggs (63) of Lexington, passed away on June 30, 2020 at her home. Services are pending with McMahans Funeral Home of Noble.
Mary Ann Geiger (72) of Norman passed away on June 30, 2020 at the Norman Regional Hospital. Services are pending with McMahans Funeral Home of Noble.
Garrett Matthew Cox, 25, Tecumseh, passed away June 30, 2020. Visitation, 2:00 to 4:00 PM, Sunday, July 5, Tribute Memorial Care, 708 24th Ave NW, Norman. Service, 1:00 PM, Monday, July 6, Bethel Baptist Church, 1717 W Lindsey St, Norman.
Evelyn Mayan Shultz, 86 of Moore, born November 24, 1933 in Oklahoma City, passed away May 27, 2020. Services will be 3:00 PM, Friday, July 3, 2020 at the John M. Ireland Funeral Home, 120 South Broadway, in Moore.
- Recall petition considered for mayor, council
- NPS sets student, teacher start dates for upcoming school year
- Mayor: Mandatory masks possible
- FOP sues City of Norman over NDP budget, open meeting violations
- UPDATED: NPD releases more information on sexual assault report
- City: Officers under investigation after sharing council member’s information
- Oklahoma reports 302 new cases, 26 in Norman
- Council member Alex Scott wins Democratic nomination for District 15 state Senate seat
- Norman artist cheering residents by placing painted rocks in yards
- Elizabeth Foreman takes Ward 6