For the Transcript
In honor of the rodeo in town this weekend, Noble Renegade Round Up Club royalty will be at the Noble Farmers Market Saturday morning. Later that night they will be crowned at the Annual Open Rodeo at the Noble Arena.
The farmers market is located at City Hall on Highway 77 on the south side of Noble and is open each Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Round Up Club royalty will be joined Saturday morning at the Market by Round Up Club members showing off their horses. Harold and Jody Robinson will also be present with their horses and buggy. There will be balloons for the kids.
The auction of the chainsaw carving created by Bill Boettcher from The Studio will continue this Saturday at the Noble Farmers Market. Bids will be accepted until 12:30 p.m. today when the winning bid will be announced. Proceeds from the auction will benefit Dane Park and the newly opened Austin Haley Kool Kidz Splash.
This week the market will have honey from George's Apiary of Noble and grape juice from Redland Juice Company of Slaughterville. There also will be two varieties of turkey chicks for sale.
The farmers market will be hosting events every couple of weeks to provide entertainment and learning opportunities. The market is looking for vendors with quality produce and crafts. For more information, call Robin Stead at 872-0100.
For the Transcript
This Week's Circulars
Nickey Ruth Ketner, 76, of Norman, died June 11, 2021. Visitation: 6:00-8:00pm, Tuesday, June 15th, Havenbrook Funeral Home-Norman. Funeral: 2:00pm, Wednesday, June 16th, at the funeral home. Interment: Norman I.O.O.F. Cemetery. Live-stream link available on Nickey's tribute page at www.have…
Debra Jean Eastham, 67, passed from this life in Norman, Oklahoma. Services are pending at this time. Please sign the online guestbook at www.primrosefuneralservice.com
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Controversy marks seventh inning
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Gasso makes the case for replay
- Horning: Five things to remember and take away from a wonderful and poorly scheduled WCWS
- Horning: Her whole team won, but it was Juarez who improbably made it possible
- Horning: Gasso, Sooners do too much wrong, make it easy on Seminoles
- Horning: On elimination Saturday, Juarez comes full circle in the circle and it was amazing
- OU Softball: Not themselves, Sooners in another World Series hole after waiting too long to respond
- OU Softball: Sooners keep season going against JMU, Sunday's nightcaps moved to Monday
- OU Softball (Extra Frames): Mendes' triple the beginning of Alexander's undoing in the circle
- Horning: Getting to Game 3, Sooners, Seminoles deserve a bigger stage