If he is confirmed, William Barr, President Donald Trump’s nominee to be attorney general, should make special counsel Robert Mueller’s report public upon the completion of Mueller’s investigation. If he does not, Congress should subpoena Mueller to reveal the results through his testimony.
Steps were taken this past week to implement Gov. Kevin Stitt’s plan to increase his authority to appoint directors of state agencies — a power the governor said during his campaign is necessary to promote accountability and lead the state — should be taken up swiftly, carried out and expanded.
Gov. Kevin Stitt campaigned on accountability – making himself, and Oklahoma agencies, accountable to the taxpayers. He had a familiar refrain about running the state like a business, but he went beyond the hyperbole of usual campaign rhetoric, and he made some pointed statements about the governor’s executive authority. Mainly, he feels the governor should have more, but more tangibly, he thinks the governor should have more power in appointing agency heads.
"Networking" may seem like a cliché these days, much like "paradigm" or "synergy," or the ubiquitous and annoying offer to "reach out." But in today's fast-paced, global business climate, networking at every level is not just advisable; it's essential.
What our country needs desperately right now is women, men and youth of all kinds, who have the courage to focus less on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation and national origin, and more on our shared humanity.
When the JROTC program was facing closure, there were only about 50 cadets involved — at least 100 are required. Under Nelson and Murray, the program has grown to 76 cadets. Since it’s still under the 100-member mark it remains under probation.
This Week's Circulars
The City of Norman is considering putting a significant transportation bond up for a vote in February. Years after a new senior citizens center was promised, there remains little substantive progress on actually building one. Should the City of Norman move forward with other projects before getting the senior citizens center funded and designed?
- UPDATE: Gallogly condemns blackface video, says students have offered to apologize
- Woman killed in Norman train collision
- OU dean critical of Gallogly hiring process, staff layoffs removed from administrative position
- OU students issue apology, express regret over racist video
- Video shows OU student in blackface
- OU professor, recently dismissed dean calls for President Gallogly to resign
- Kessee family files lawsuit
- OU football: Jalen Hurts' presence can help Oklahoma's underclassmen QBs
- OUPD search for man seen walking across campus in blackface
- OU football: Lincoln Riley calls racist video ‘sickening’