Editor, The Transcript:
I was excited to see the front page headline "Shelter struggle," thinking that we were finally realizing that those without shelter for the coming winter needed help. Then, I was sadly disappointed to see that the article was about "furry friends" needing help.
I understand there will be a feasibility study to determine the best ways to improve the situation. Have we ever done a feasibility study on the number of homeless people facing a winter without even a roof over their head? "The shelter should be designed with a flow similar to that of a hospital," someone recommended. Have we completely lost our sense of the value of human lives when we try to offer more to animals than to human beings? If "time is of the essence" in caring for animals, what should we be doing for those who have no shelter? Do we need to rethink our priorities?
Editor, The Transcript:
This Week's Circulars
HARVEY LEE MADDEN, (81) of Norman passed away on October 28th at the Norman Healthplex. His Service is pending with McMahans Funeral Home.
Curtis Eugene Hickman, age 70 of Norman, born December 25, 1949, passed away October 15, 2020. Services are 11:00 AM, Friday, October 30, 2020 at Quest Church, 6450 36th Ave. NW, Norman. (John Ireland Funeral Home, Moore, OK)
Bobby Joe 'B.J.' Longenbaugh, 82, of Noble, died October 24, 2020. A Memorial Service will be held at 11:00am, Saturday, October 31st, at Havenbrook Funeral Home-Norman. The service will be live-streamed via the link on B.J.'s tribute page at www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com.
Ricky Young, (62) of Blanchard (formerly of Noble) passed away on Oct. 23rd at Norman Regional. Funeral Service: Friday Oct. 30th, 1:30pm at the Symmes St. Trinity Holiness Church, 502 E. Symmes, Norman. Visitation:4-7pm Thursday, Oct. 29th, McMahans Funeral Chapel.
Louis Carl Boyd, age 84, of Norman, died October 26, 2020. The funeral service will be private, but all are invited to attend the graveside service at 3:00pm, Saturday, October 31st, at Sunset Memorial Park-Norman. View full obituary at www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com.
- Norman man faces five embezzlement charges
- ‘A gentle soul’: Family, friends remember musician Larry Feuerborn after death from COVID-19
- Norman residents to face jury trial following alleged child sexual abuse
- Man killed in fire at Norman apartment complex
- 7 additional deaths, 8 new COVID-19 cases reported in Norman
- Petrone, Unite Norman duel opinions on recall lawsuit
- Wednesday predicted to be warmer; Tuesday saw mass power outages
- Gringo Girl Tamales & Southern Eatery provides a feast for the palate
- OG&E says 28,500 Norman customers without power Tuesday morning
- Housing community built with aging in mind pending council approval