Editor, The Transcript:
On behalf of the Sunbelt Classic Baseball association, I send my heartfelt thanks to the many families who hosted participants of the 29th Annual Sunbelt Classic Baseball Tournament, June 20 - 25, 2005. It took a tremendous amount of support and time to get these young men housed, fed, and transported daily to the area ball parks. Without the assistance of the many terrific families in this community, this event would not have been so successful.
Additionally, we send our appreciation to the staff at L. Dale Mitchell Park, the Norman North High School's baseball program and their boosters, Norman Optimist Club, the Guest Inn (tournament headquarters), other area hotels, restaurants, and attractions as well as the citizens of Norman who supported these athletes.
Hats off to The Norman Transcript staff for its great coverage of this event and to the Norman Convention and Visitors Bureau for its assistance in organizing the event.
Most importantly, we thank the eight teams from across the country that participated. We had the privilege and honor of meeting so many wonderful people and developing friendships in such a short time. It is our hope that they took with them a lifetime of memories.
JOHN D. SCHWARTZ
Sunbelt Classic Baseball Series Director
Editor, The Transcript:
This Week's Circulars
Donald Dayne "DAF" Keim, 68, of Norman, passed away Wednesday, April 14, 2021. There are no services scheduled at this time. Condolences may be shared at www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com
Paula Jean Meyer, 66, of Moore passed away 4/16/2021. Visitation, 2PM-4PM, 4/18/2021, Tribute Memorial Care Event Center, 708 24th Ave. NW, Norman. Celebration of Life Service, 10AM, 4/19/2021, Emmaus Baptist Church, 16001 S Western Ave, Oklahoma City. (www.tribute.care) 405.292.4787.
- Search ends for missing 50-pound pet raccoon
- OU women's basketball: Why Jennie Baranczyk left home to become Oklahoma's next head coach
- Oklahoma extends state income tax deadline until June 15
- Horning: As Jennie Baranczyk takes over Sooners, Michael Neal's shadow looms large
- Norman man indicted on 10 counts after making threats on Parler
- OU women's gymnastic: Anastasia Webb's historic night leads Sooners to NCAA finals
- County tried to negotiate for better deal on capital purchase
- ‘The city’s coming back alive’: Medieval Fair returns to kick off Norman festival season
- OU women's basketball: Jennie Baranczyk hired as program's head coach
- Oklahoma Supreme Court sides with Norman FOP in city's appeal of suit