Oklahoma fell to No. 16 in the latest Associated Press top 25 poll, released on Monday.
The Sooners (14-7) dropped out of the top 10 after losing to both Kansas State and Oklahoma State last week. The Sooners checked in at No. 7 in the previous rankings.
OU will get a second shot at the Cowboys at 8 p.m. tonight at Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater. Oklahoma State went from unranked to No. 17 in this week’s AP poll.
Around the Big 12
• Baylor dropped from No. 2 to No. 3 after suffering its first loss of the season to Kansas.
• West Virginia soared to No. 6 in the rankings after picking up a pair of wins.
• The Jayhawks checked in at No. 13.
• Despite falling to Texas Tech on Saturday, Texas dropped just one from No. 14 to No. 15.
• Texas Tech stayed at No. 18 after losing to Oklahoma State last week.
AP Top 25: March 1
|No.||School (1st-place votes)||Record||Votes||Previous|
|19||San Diego State||19-4||406||22|
Others Receiving Votes: Brigham Young 101, Southern California 88, Clemson 47, Florida 24, Tennessee 19, St. Bonaventure 16, Oregon 15, Missouri 13 Wichita State 11 Maryland 9 Toledo 8, Connecticut 5, Belmont 5, Winthrop 4, North Carolina 4, UCLA 2, Louisville 2, UC Santa Barbara 1, Drake 1.