Sitting in the bleachers of Norman North's gymnasium and watching her son sign his letter of intent, Shelly Walker couldn't help but feel that basketball had saved her son.
OWASSO — In the end, to have Norman High's season continue with a playoff win over defending state champion Owasso was just too much of a Cinderella story to be anything but fantasy.
Moore has taken steps forward this season even while battling injuries and the rigors of a brutal Class 6A-I schedule.
Norman High senior offensive lineman Yemi Oyesayna walked off Harve Collins Field for the final time in tears.
Norman High quarterback Cade Horton (offense) and Norman North defensive end Cole Mashburn (defense) are this year's Norman Transcript All-Area offensive player of the year and defensive player of year.
• Can the Big Four do it again?: Last year for the first time since the Class 6A-I split, the four eastside programs in the state's top class made the state semifinals.
This Week's Circulars
The City of Norman is considering putting a significant transportation bond up for a vote in February. Years after a new senior citizens center was promised, there remains little substantive progress on actually building one. Should the City of Norman move forward with other projects before getting the senior citizens center funded and designed?
- Florida governor’s race seems settled after recount; U.S. Senate race headed to second review
- Police identify suspects in alleged Oklahoma City vandalism; possible Moore links
- OU softball lands star lefty pitcher, Giselle Juarez, from Arizona State
- Medical marijuana authority decision to publish license holder info prompts security concerns
- HORNING: You've really got to hand it to Mike Gundy
- Woman thwarts robbery attempt at east side Walmart
- OU football: Caleb Kelly relishing opportunity to play former position
- City of Norman investigates helicopter incident during Veterans Day Memorial Parade and Ceremony
- Driver found guilty of manslaughter
- Oklahoma dismisses OL Tramonda Moore from program