This Week's Circulars
The City of Norman is considering putting a significant transportation bond up for a vote in February. Years after a new senior citizens center was promised, there remains little substantive progress on actually building one. Should the City of Norman move forward with other projects before getting the senior citizens center funded and designed?
- UPDATE: Gallogly condemns blackface video, says students have offered to apologize
- Woman killed in Norman train collision
- OU dean critical of Gallogly hiring process, staff layoffs removed from administrative position
- Video shows OU student in blackface
- OU students issue apology, express regret over racist video
- OU professor, recently dismissed dean calls for President Gallogly to resign
- OU football: Jalen Hurts' presence can help Oklahoma's underclassmen QBs
- OU football: Lincoln Riley calls racist video ‘sickening’
- OU football: New defensive coordinator Alex Grinch stresses 'urgency' during introduction
- OU football: Oklahoma loses commitment from 2020 RB Jaylan Knighton
No. 6 Southmoore is on the verge of making the postseason for the third straight season. Not many teams have done that in the new Class 6A-I. Making the playoffs is different than in other classes. The first round is the state quarterfinals. All it takes is three wins to hoist the gold ball. In Classes A, 2A and 3A it takes five. Classes 4A and 5A require four. Yet, while that shortened playoff season would seem to promote parody, it has been pretty predictable.
Historic matchup: Moore and Mustang have been trending in different directions over the past decade. The Lions' last win in the series came a year prior to the opening of Southmoore in 2007. Mustang has become a football power in part due to staying a single high school district. The Broncos…
Defensive struggle: The last two games, Prague has allowed just 14 points. Little Axe allowed 23 against McLoud but shut out Bridge Creek two weeks prior. If the Indians have their way, this will be a low-scoring game.
Playing up: Community Christian plays its first game against a Class 3A foe when it travels to Purcell Friday. The Royals are in their first year in Class 2A after moving up from Class A. Moving up, CCS wanted tougher teams on its schedule. That’s part of the reason the Royals scheduled the …
Community Christian’s Haddon McIntosh breaking the state’s career stolen base record Monday speaks to something he never had in his other favorite sport: longevity.
Yet again, we wish for defense from Norman North, offense from Norman High, a playoff position after a strong non-district start from Community Christian (not to mention Noble … Hello, the Bears are 3-0) and do we dare declare Southmoore best in the west?